- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: Investment in this 21-year plan will be for only 14 years
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, affidavit along with birth certificate will have to be given for opening account of the third daughter
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Special things related to the scheme
1. You can deposit a maximum of 1.50 lakh rupees annually under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. If you deposit the monthly, then you will have to pay 12500 rupees every month.
2. For applying under the scheme, the daughter’s age should be less than 10 years
3. An account can be opened in the name of 2 daughters in a family. If someone has more than 2 daughters, an affidavit will have to be submitted along with the birth certificate to open his account.
4. Investment under this scheme is exempted from tax under Section 80C of Income Tax Act.
5. You can deposit a minimum Rs 250 annually in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
6. When the daughter is 18 years old, 50 percent of the amount deposited for her studies or marriage can be withdrawn.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application process
Contact the nearest post office for opening an account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (Sukanya Samriddhi Account). Take the form related to the scheme from here. Now parents should write their name and child’s name in it. Fill in the other important information as well. After filling the form, submit a photocopy of the identity card, address proof, Aadhaar card and daughter’s name, birth certificate etc.
Can get returns up to Rs 63 lakh
Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, if you deposit Rs 1.5 lakh annually for 14 years, then the total investment amount will be Rs 21 lakh. According to 7.6% annual compounding on this, the amount will be Rs 37,98,225 due to interest on it for 14 years. After this, there will be more interest on this amount for the remaining 7 years. In such a situation, after 21 years, on maturity, this amount will be around 63,42,589 rupees.
#Sukanya #Samriddhi #Yojana #beneficial #daughters #post #office