Love the Samriddhi Scheme
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was started by the Central Government in the year 2015! This scheme has been started with Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao campaign! Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, a bank account is opened in the name of girls! This bank account can be opened in any national bank or post office in the name of girls below 10 years of age! This Sukanya Samriddhi account can be opened for less than 250 rupees! And a maximum of Rs 1.50 lakh can be deposited in this account!
Purpose of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
In order to prevent feticide and balance the sex ratio in the country, the Central Government launched Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in the year 2015! With this scheme, the expenses of the girl’s education and marriage can be spent! Through this scheme, the central government is working to promote girl-child education in the country!
Eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana only bank accounts of girls can be opened! The government also set some criteria under this scheme! Only the applicant fulfilling these criteria will be eligible for the benefit of this scheme! The eligibility for PM Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme is as follows –
- NRIs cannot avail the benefit of this scheme, that is, only Indians will get the benefit of this scheme!
- PM Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme account can be opened only for girls below 10 years of age!
- A maximum of 1.50 lakhs per annum can be deposited in a bank account opened under Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana!
- In the scheme, only one bank account can be opened in the name of a girl child.
How to open account of Prime Minister Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
Under PM Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the girl’s bank account can be opened from any national bank branch! Also, an account can be opened from any post office branch to take advantage of this scheme!
Documents required for PM Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
To open a bank account under this government scheme it is necessary to have the necessary documents from both the girl child and the guardian! Documents required to open a bank account under Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are as follows –
- Aadhar Card of Parent
- Birth certificate of the girl child (issued by a hospital or government official)
- Parent’s Residence Certificate (Aadhaar Card / Voter ID / Passport)
Benefits of Sukanya Scheme
- This bank account can be opened only in the name of girls.
- Income tax exemption on the amount deposited under this scheme!
- Under Sukanya scheme, 50% of the amount can be withdrawn for the education of the girl child at the age of 18!
- 100% of the amount can be withdrawn at the age of 21 or at the time of marriage of the girl child.
- The bank offers attractive interest rates under this scheme!
- Along with this, 8.7% will be available on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account and 4% on post office savings account.