The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, run by the central government, is a separate scheme from the rural, which was launched on June 25, 2015. The scheme aims to provide homes to all by 2022. For this, the government will construct 20 lakh houses, out of which 18 lakh houses are being built in slum areas, while the remaining 2 lakh houses are being constructed in poor areas of cities. This scheme is a scheme of the Central Government.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Process
The housing scheme is a scheme of Urban, Government of India through which poor people residing in cities are provided houses to suit their purchasing power. Under this, the government has identified 305 cities and towns in 9 states in which these houses are being built. The scheme was started in the financial year 1985-86 during the tenure of the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. In the current Narendra Modi government, this scheme is being run with many additional facilities, raising a new hope among the homeless.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply Online Form
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has also been linked to the Swachh Bharat Scheme, under which 12,000 rupees will be allocated separately under the Swachh Bharat Scheme for the toilets to be built. Not only this, if the beneficiary wishes under this scheme, he can also take a loan of 70 thousand rupees, which will be without interest. It has to be filled again in the installment form, which will have to be applied by applying to various financial institutions.
In an urban area, the candidate can take more than 70 thousand loans, which will be available at very interest rates. The loan category will be available according to LIG, MIG and HIG categories. Under this scheme, the beneficiary has also been linked to other schemes to deal with the entire facility like toilet, drinking water, electricity, sanitation, smokeless fuel for cooking, social and liquid wastes.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The following persons and families are eligible for this scheme: –
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with an annual income of only Rs 3 lakh.
- His lower income group (LIG), whose income ranges from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh annually.
- Middle Income Group One (MIG One) with an annual income ranging from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 12 lakh.
- Those middle-income group II (MIG Two) whose income is between 6 lakh rupees to 12 lakh rupees yearly. Women who belong to the EWS and LIG category.
- In addition to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes for this PM Awas Yojana, beneficiaries can avail this scheme by fulfilling some of the following eligibility criteria: – To fulfill the eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana should not be. The person should not have taken advantage of any other housing scheme of the state or central government.
How to apply for PM Awas Yojana?
Beneficiaries can apply for this scheme through the following means: – PM Awas Yojana Process.
The first Online: To apply in this way, a person can visit the official website of the scheme. However, they must have a valid Aadhaar card to apply.
Second Offline: The beneficiary can apply for the scheme offline by filling the form available through the Common Service Center. The price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.