PM Gramin Awas Yojana How To Apply | Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a central government scheme under which the central and state governments provide financial and other assistance on a proportionate basis to make BPL and people of low income group their home. The scheme is being run according to different conditions in rural and urban areas. The scheme was started in the fiscal year 1985-86 during the tenure of the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. In the government of the present Narendra Modi, this scheme is being run with many additional facilities.
PM Gramin Awas Yojana How To Apply
Which has raised a new hope among the homeless. Significantly, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a sophisticated form of the Indira Awas Yojana. Under which, in September 2016, there was a huge increase in the amount of money received under the Indira Awaas Yojana and changed its name to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. Also, the financial assistance provided to BPL families was increased from Rs 45 thousand to Rs 70 thousand.
Beneficiaries can apply for this PM Rural Housing Scheme through the following means: –
First: Online, one can visit the official website of the scheme to apply in this way. However, they must have a valid Aadhaar card to apply.
Second : Offline, the beneficiary can apply for the scheme offline by filling the form available through the Common Service Center. The price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.
Some special features of PM Gramin Awas Yojana-
The mission has been made effective from 17 June 2015 to provide central assistance to executive agencies under the “Home for All” mission in urban areas. Under this mission a credit linked subsidy scheme is being introduced, according to which the middle income group (MIG) will be given subsidy at the interest rate of housing loan for building or acquiring (repurchasing). At the same time, the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG) will be given subsidy on the interest of housing loan for the construction or acquisition of a house.
Apart from this, the benefit of credit linked subsidy on home loans will also be available for new construction and additional rooms, kitchen, toilets etc. in the present residence as incremental housing. In the plain areas, the ratio of the amount to be shared will be 60:40. At the same time, this ratio will be 90:10 in the three states of North-East and Himalayas – Jammu Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Know which people are eligible for PM Awas Yojana?
- First, the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with an annual income of only Rs 3 lakh.
- Second, low income groups (LIGs) with annual income ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
- Third, the middle income group one (MIG One), whose income ranges from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 12 lakh annually.
- Fourth, the middle income group II (MIG Two), whose income is between 6 lakh rupees to 12 lakh rupees yearly. Women who belong to EWS and LIG category.
- In addition to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes, beneficiaries can avail this Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana by fulfilling some of the following eligibility criteria: – He / she does not have his / her own house to fulfill the eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana needed. The person should not have taken advantage of any other housing scheme of the state or central government.
Existing home loan borrowers can also avail this scheme
The question is whether the Prime Minister Housing Scheme (PM Gramin Awas Scheme) is available to existing home loan borrowers? So the answer would be that existing home loan takers are also eligible for this scheme, provided that they meet the respective eligibility criteria. There is no doubt that the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has played an important role in providing affordable housing scheme. The role of the scheme is not only limited to making housing affordable and affordable despite financial stability, but has also created substantial employment opportunities in the real estate sector. In this scheme, with the inclusion of RERA, about 6.07 crore employment opportunities have been created across the country, which is a big deal.