Union Budget 2021: The Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015 to impart employment training to unemployed youth and to increase the skills of the working people. Under this scheme, to provide employment to the youth, training is provided in various courses at no cost. The youth who drop out of the 10th, 12th standard studies in the country can also take advantage of this. The third phase of this scheme is going to be launched on January 15 and it will be launched in 600 districts of all states of the country. Under this scheme, the target of skill development of one crore people was set by the year 2020. According to the information given on the website of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, only 68,92,164 people have been enrolled under this scheme till October 2020.
Talking about the budget, under this scheme, a budget of 3002.21 crore was allocated in the financial year 2020-21 while 2989.21 crore budget was allocated in the financial year 2019-20. Last year, many people lost their jobs due to Corona epidemic, due to this, in the budget 2021-22 it is expected that the government will focus on skill development so that more people can be trained and provide employment opportunities. . Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the upcoming budget on 1 February.
Also read- From indexation to tax benefit, these 4 announcements will increase mutual fund investors’ earnings
More than 68 lakh candidates have been registered
- According to the information given on the website of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 3320403 candidates have been enrolled and trained in the Recognition of Prior Learning under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana till 20 October 2020. Under this scheme, 22550 training centers have been set up across the country where youth are trained for employment. For this, 141 training partners have been formed and 586 job roles are being offered to the youth. Under the Recognition of Prior Learning, a certificate is given to those who have work experience in related skills or who have learned any skill without formal training or studies.
- Talking about short term training, 3417641 candidates have been enrolled in this program so far, out of which 3413798 candidates have been trained. 1632334 candidates trained under this program have got the job i.e. the placement percentage is 57.55 percent. This figure is updated on the website of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship till 20 October 2020. Under this, those leaving school / college education or unemployed are trained. The duration of the training varies according to the role of the job and can be between 150 and 300 hours. For this, 8804 training centers have been built across the country and there are 2509 training partners. 261 job roles will be offered under this program.
- Apart from Recognition of Prior Learning and Short Term Training, special projects are also trained under this scheme. Under this, training is encouraged in weak and marginalized groups of the society. Apart from this, training in special areas and campuses like government bodies, corporate / industrial bodies is encouraged. According to the ministry, so far enrollment of 154120 candidates has been done under special projects. In this 154120 candidates have been trained, in which 125709 candidates have been evaluated. 53235 candidates have got employment i.e. the placement percentage is 49.84 percent.
These candidates are considered placed
Under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, the same candidates are considered to be hired, who are fulfilling the conditions mentioned below.
- Candidates should be certified and hired.
- Candidates have got the job within 90 days of certification.
- The candidate has been working for three consecutive months, whether it is in the form of a job or self-employment.
- According to the state employment guidelines, the hired candidate is getting at least equal to or more than the minimum wage.
What is unique about the scheme?
No fee is charged for the training of PMKVY. PMKVY registers for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. After completing the course, you get a certificate, which is recognized all over the country. After training, the government also helps in getting jobs through employment fairs. If you are less educated or have a school dropout, then this training can be very useful. Your training is evaluated by the SSC approved assessment agency. On the basis of which government certificate and skill card is available.
How to register in PMKVY?
To enroll in the Prime Minister’s Skill Development Scheme, the applicant will have to go to https://pmkvyofficial.org and give his name, address and email information. After filling the form, the applicant has to select the technical field in which he wants to train. The PMKVY has about 40 technical areas such as construction, electronics and hardware, food processing, furniture and fittings, handycroft, gems and jewelery and leather technology. In this, an additional technical area of the preferred technical area will also have to be selected. After filling this information, you have to choose your training center.
Many courses in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Courses of many sectors have been included under this ambitious plan of PM Modi. In these, youth are trained and skill development is done. These courses include Hospitality & Tourism Course, Textiles Course, Telecom Course, Security Service Course, Rubber Course, Retail Course, Power Industry Course, Plumbing Course, Mining Course, Entertainment & Media Course, Logistics Course, Life Science Course, Leather Course, IT Course, Health Care Course, Green Jobs Course, Furniture and Fitting Course, Food Processing Industry Course, Electronics Course, Agriculture Course and Insurance, Banking and Finance Course etc.