Updated ITR Filing 2022: The Income Tax Department just lately introduced a brand new kind for submitting of Updated Income Tax Returns. A brand new idea of up to date return was launched in Budget 2022. It permits taxpayers to amend their ITRs inside two years from the tip of the related evaluation 12 months. The new provision is predicted to assist taxpayers who usually commit errors or make some omissions whereas submitting ITR.
Here are 10 issues you need to know concerning the Updated ITR submitting:
1. In the shape for Updated ITR, taxpayers are required to declare the aim for submitting in addition to the quantity of earnings to be taxed within the up to date return.
2. Taxpayers aren’t required to supply a break up of the earnings reported within the ITR (Updated).
3. Taxpayers can now use the brand new kind ITR-U to file the up to date earnings tax return for monetary years 2019-20 and 2020-21.
ALSO READ | Not filed ITR? Get Ready To Pay Higher TDS in FY 2022-23
4. Certain taxpayers are required to file the Updated ITR electronically utilizing a digital signature or an digital verification code. The taxpayer has to file the ITR Forms of the related evaluation 12 months and submit it together with the brand new ITR-U.
5. The ITR-U needs to be filed inside two years of the tip of the related evaluation 12 months. For doing this, taxpayers are additionally required to supply causes for updating the ITR. According to Tax2Win, the explanations for submitting ITR-U could also be many, together with earlier return not filed, earnings not reported appropriately , fallacious heads of earnings choses, discount of a carried ahead loss and so forth.
6. A taxpayer has to pay a further 25 % tax and curiosity due if up to date ITR is filed inside a 12 months (12 months) from the tip of the related evaluation 12 months.
7. A taxpayer has to pay a further 50 % tax and curiosity due if up to date ITR is filed after a 12 months (12 months) however earlier than 24 months from the tip of the related evaluation 12 months.
8. The return might be thought of invalid if the taxpayer fails to pay the extra taxes.
9. According to Tax2Win, you can not file ITR-U if the general tax due is to be decreased and losses to be offset in opposition to earnings, for refund or for enhance in refund quantity.
9. A taxpayer can file an Updated ITR solely as soon as for a Financial Year. Hence, it needs to be achieved rigorously.