How to update date of exit in EPF account: The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) facilitates its member employees to enter the date of leaving the job from one place in the EPFO system itself. Earlier, the employee had to depend on the employer for this. Only the applicant had the authority to join the employee’s company and enter or update the date of leaving. For some reason, due to non-update of the Employee’s Date of Exit by the Employer, withdrawal or transfer of funds from EPF (Employee Provident Fund) was stuck.
But now due to the new facility given to the employee to file a date of exit in the EPFO system, withdrawal or transfer of funds from the fund has become easier. If you also want to enter a date of exit in your PF account, then its process is very easy as well as online.
- First go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Here enter the UAN, password and captcha code. Remember your UAN must be active.
- Now click on the ‘Manage’ tab in the section above on the newly opened page. After this, select ‘Mark Exit’.
- Now you will see ‘Select Employment’ dropdown. In it, choose the old PF account number which is linked to your UAN.
- After this there will be a detail show related to that account and job. Now put the date and reason for leaving the job. Reasons for leaving the job will be options like retirement, short service.
- After this, click on ‘Request OTP’. It will come on the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar.
Now insert OTP in the specified space.
- Then select the check box.
- Finally, click on update and then OK. Now your date of exit has been submitted.
Remember these things
Remember that once the date of exit is updated in the EPFO system, it cannot be changed. Also keep in mind that if you have recently left the job, then you will have to wait for 2 months to file an exit date as it will be updated only after 2 months of the last contribution of the employer in PF.