Calculate Interest Rate on Recurring Deposit: Talking about safe investment options, Recurring Deposit (RD) is a better option. Due to not being market linked, it gives investors a fixed return on their deposits. Apart from this, investing in RD earns more interest than FD or savings account, which increases the returns. While deciding your financial planning, it must be understood that how the interest on RD is calculated as this will give an estimate of how much capital can be deposited to achieve your financial goal.
Paytm: Shares reached 24 thousand in gray market in a week after the announcement of IPO, this is the advice of experts regarding IPO subscription
How is interest calculated on RD
There are different formulas to calculate interest on RD.
If you invest monthly,
M = R [(1+i)n – 1] divided by 1-(1+i)(-1/3)
M: Maturity Value of RD
R: No. of Monthly Installment of RD
n: Tenure (total number of quarters)
I: Interest Rate/400
If you deposit a lump sum amount,
A = P (1 + r/n) ^ nt
A: Final amount
P: Total invested
r: interest rate
n: How many times interest is compounded in a year
t: Total Tenure of RD
Apart from this, many banks or institutions also provide the facility of RD calculator using which you can approximate the value of return on your investment.
The impact of SEBI’s action on Infosys employees in insider trading, the company’s shares fell
Take care of some important things about investing in RD
- The interest on RD is compounded according to the compounding i.e. on getting RD for longer tenure, the benefit will increase.
- While doing RD, at what rate all banks and post offices are giving interest, definitely compare it and invest in the bank where RD is getting more interest.
- For RD in a bank, it is not necessary to already have a bank account there, but if there is an account in any bank then the RD opens immediately.
- Senior citizens get interest at a higher rate.
- RD account can be opened for a period of up to 10 years.
Annual Rates of RD in Various Banks or Institutions
Bank – Rate (General Public) (%) – Rate (Senior Citizen) (%)
HDFC – 6.30 – 6.8
ICICI – 6.2-6.4 – 6.7-6.9
SBI – 6 – 6.5
Allahabad Bank – 6.25-6.45 – 6.25-6.45
IndusInd Bank – 6.65-6.75 – 7.15-7.25
Post Office – 7.2 – 7.2
Yes Bank – 7.25-7.5 – 7.75-8