With the initiative of ICICI Bank, it has now become convenient for customers to conduct high-value transactions. Through the bank’s special EMI @ Internet Banking facility, customers can purchase goods up to 5 lakh rupees without putting too much burden on their pockets. The bank announced this on March 24, saying that through this, pre-approved customers will be able to convert transactions up to Rs 5 lakh into EMI. Apart from this, the bank is giving customers up to 1 year to pay EMI as per their capacity.
The special thing is that for this, customers do not have to go somewhere and the whole process is digital. Customers will get the facility to convert transaction amount from their savings account to EMI through Internet banking platform. Under this, customers can not only do shopping but can also avail for insurance premium or school fees.
Banks will open only 3 days from 27 March to 4 April, check holiday details before going to the branch
Bank’s partnership with Billdesk and RogerPay
ICICI has launched the Instant EMI facility in the country on its Internet banking platform for the first time. The bank has partnered with online payment gateway companies BillDesk and Razorpay for this. According to the information given by the bank, at present, more than 1 thousand merchants in online shopping portals, insurance, travel, education and electronic chains category can avail this EMI @ Internet Banking. The bank plans to add more payment gateway companies, merchants and categories with this feature.
Benefits of ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’ facility
- Customers will be able to convert high-value purchases or payments into EMIs instantly and digitally through the bank’s Internet banking platform.
- Customers can use this facility to pay their favorite gadget or premium or for children’s school fees or holiday packages etc.
- Under this feature, customers can convert transaction amounts ranging from Rs 50 thousand to Rs 5 lakh to EMI.
- 3 months, 6 months to repay EMI as per your convenience. You can choose the time period of 9 months and 12 months.
In this way, take advantage of ICICI Bank’s new initiative
- Select Product or Service on the merchant website / app.
- After this, choose ICICI Bank Internet Banking for payment mode.
- Log in with your User ID-Password.
- On the payment details page, select ‘Convert to EMI instantly’.
- Choose the period for payment, that is, how long the EMI can be paid.
- Fill in the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Payment process complete.