Debit card has not only become a better option for carrying cash but it is becoming attractive due to offers received on payment. (File Photo)
SBI customers Alert! Debit cards have become a common need nowadays. It has not only become a better option of carrying cash but it is becoming attractive due to the offers received on payment. However, if the card is lost, the chances of its misuse increases and the account can be empty. The country’s largest bank State Bank of India (SBI) has provided a special facility to its customers. In order to block the card in the event of losing the card, they will no longer have to run and sunshine, but this work will be done by just a call. If the cord is not blocked, any unknown person can clear the account. Not only the card can be blocked through a call, but an application can also be made to issue it again.
This is how to apply for card block and issue
- Call the toll free number 1800 11 22 11 or 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile number.
Press zero for the cord block.
- Press ‘one’ to block the card from your registered mobile number and card number or press ‘two’ to block the card through the mobile number and account number.
- If you have pressed one, then confirm the ATM card you want to block by filling the last five digits by pressing ‘one’ and filling the last five digits of the ATM card again by pressing two. If you have pressed ‘two’, fill the last five digits of the card’s account number and press ‘one’ and confirm and press ‘two’ and fill the last five digits of the account number.
- The card has been blocked and the confirmation message attached to it will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Press ‘A’ to apply for a replacement card.
- Fill in your birth year.
- The card will be sent to the registered address and the card charges will be applied. Press ‘one’ to confirm it and press ‘two’ if you want to cancel the application.
- On pressing ‘one’, the card replacement will be requested and the confirmation message attached to it will be sent to the registered mobile number.