All retired central employees have to submit life certificate in the month of November every year. Only then can his pension continue. Some time ago, the government gave relief to retired central employees above the age of 80 years to submit life certificate a month in advance i.e. from October 1. Every year a large number of Central Government pensioners go to the banks and submit the life certificate, but according to their convenience, it can also be submitted digitally. Apart from this, there are some ways in which it can be deposited even while living abroad.
Annuity Deposit Scheme: If you want money every month on FD, then deposit lump sum amount in this scheme of SBI, interest will be added to monthly income
Life certificate can be submitted in these five ways
- Pensioners can present themselves at the Pension Disbursing Banks (PDAs) and submit the Life Certificate.
- If the pensioners do not wish to appear in physical form, they will have to submit a life certificate under the signature of a designated official. On this certificate a Government Gazetted Officer, a Registrar/Sub-Registrar appointed under the Indian Registration Act, under the CPC (Criminal Procedure Code) having the powers of a Magistrate, of the rank of Sub-Inspector working at a Police Station to above Police Officer, Postmaster/Departmental Sub-Postmaster/Inspector of Post Office, Class-I Officer of RBI, Class-I and Grade-II Officer of SBI and its Subsidiary, Justice of Peace, BDO/Munsif/Tehsildar/Naib Tehsildar. Signatures of Village Panchayat Head, Village Executive Committee, MP/MLA and Treasury Officer are valid.
LIC Jeevan Labh: In this policy of LIC, deposit only Rs 233 every day and get 17 lakhs, tax exemption will also be available
- Pensioners can submit life certificate on Jeevan Pramaan portal from the comfort of their homes. To ensure the identity of the pensioners, the Aadhaar regulator has given details of all the biometric devices, which the pensioners can see on the website of the Aadhaar regulator.
- Last year in November 2020, the doorstep service for submission of Digital Life Certificate through Postman was launched. India Post Payments Bank provides this facility through Postman and Gramin Dak Sevak. To avail this facility through mobile, pensioners have to install Postinfo App from Google Play Store.
- There are 12 government banks across the country that provide doorstep banking facility in 100 major cities of the country. Life certificate is also submitted under its services. For this, booking is done through mobile app, website or toll free number, then doorstep banking agent comes at home and provides services to pensioners. You can download the Doorstep Banking (DSB) app from Google Play Store or visit the banks’ website or contact 18001213721, 18001037188 toll free numbers.
Investment in Crypto Currencies: Stepwise Process of Investing in BitCoin, It is also important to know about these three charges
Life certificate will be deposited like this when living abroad
- If the pensioner/family pensioner is outside the country, there is no need to personally visit the bank in case the bank officer signs the life certificate.
- If outside the country, the person authorized by him on the life certificate has been given a valid life certificate signed by a Magistrate, Notary, Banker or Diplomatic Representative of India. In such a situation also there is no need to appear personally.
- You can also submit life certificate online through Jeevan Pramaan website while sitting at home abroad.
(Article: Sunil Dhawan)