26.1 C
Sunday, October 17, 2021

Income Tax: With the help of parents, children and spouse, you can take tax exemption, use these methods

Income Tax Saving: The month of March is going on, which is the last month of the Indian financial year. In this, most taxpayers invest in several options for tax benefits. To save on income tax, people try to invest more and more under Section 80C of the IT Act. There are some ways in which you can take help from your parents, spouse and children for saving income tax.

Children’s school fees

You can claim a deduction up to Rs 1.5 lakh for the tuition fees of your children under section 80C. You can take advantage of this on the payment of children’s school fees. It can be taken for up to two children. You can also avail of investment under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for up to two children under this section.

Health insurance for parents

You can save tax even after paying the health insurance premium for your spouse, children. In this, a deduction up to Rs 25,000 can be taken under section 80D. You will also get an additional deduction by paying the premium for the parents. If your parents are senior citizens, you can claim a deduction up to Rs 50,000.

Education Loan for Children

For education loan taken for your children, you can claim tax deduction under section 80E. You can take an education loan from the bank for the expenses of higher education of the child.

Pay rent to your parents

If you live in a parent’s house, you can pay the rent for a tax deduction. The tax deduction can be availed as an HRA exemption benefit. However, parents should own the house for this and you cannot partner with them. If you do not get an HRA benefit, then you can claim for tax benefit under section 80GG.

Income Tax: You can avail of tax exemption by investing in these five popular schemes, deduction under section 80C

Invest in your parent’s name

You can give some money to your parents for tax savings. You can open a fixed deposit in the name of your parents. If they come in less tax slab than you, then the interest paid on FD will be less than you. If you open the same FD in your name, then you will have to pay more tax.

Nisha Chawlahttps://www.businesskhabar.com/
She is an expert in Banking, Finance and working with an international bank. She sharing her ideas and knowledge with Business Khabar.
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here