If the address is to be updated in the Aadhaar Card, it can be done online at home or by visiting the Aadhaar centre. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India), the authority that issues Aadhaar issuing and viewing services related to it, accepts a total of 45 documents as address proof. With the help of any of these, the address in Aadhaar can be updated.
Out of these documents, if you are using the bank passbook as address proof for updating the address, then you have to take care of some things. UIDAI says that it should be ensured that the photograph in the bank passbook has the stamp of the bank and the signature of the authorized signatory is present. If it is not, the bank passbook will not be considered as a valid document in the Aadhaar updation.
List of all 45 valid address proofs
The list of 45 documents including UIDAI address proof, including bank passbook, is available at https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf. There is also a list of valid identity certificates, date of birth documents, proof of relationship documents.
Get updates online like this with address proof
UIDAI provides the facility of updating the address in Aadhaar with address proof, as well as people who do not have any address proof in their own name, they can update the address through Aadhaar Validation Letter. The process of updating the address online in Aadhaar with address proof is like this…
- Go to uidai.gov.in.
- Click on ‘Update your address online’ in the ‘Update your Aadhaar’ section in the My Aadhaar tab.
- Now click on ‘Proceed to Update Address’ in the newly opened page.
- Now enter Aadhaar number and captcha and click on Send OTP.
- After that OTP will come on the mobile number registered in your Aadhaar. Put it in the specified space.
- Now, click on the ‘Update Address via Address Proof’ option. If desired, UIDAI can translate your address into regional language, for this, the relevant box has to be selected.
- After this, the complete address of the house is to be filled, which includes its number, landmark, Pincode, area and other information. ‘Care of’ option will also be seen which is part of the address, it is optional.
- Before confirming the information you have given, check the address by clicking on the Preview button. If the address is correct, select the Confirm box and click Submit.
- Now select the document from the given list which will serve as proof of your home address.
- Then the document has to be uploaded. Remember that the scanned colour image of the document should be in JPEG, PNG and PDF files. You can also upload the photo of address proof by clicking on the mobile.
- Finally, click on the submit button. On completion of the process, the message will show on the screen and an update request number (URN) number will also be sent through SMS. With this, the status of the process can be checked.
- A copy of the acceptance can also be downloaded/printed. The address will be updated in Aadhaar within a few days.