An employee can transfer money from one PF account to another while sitting at home.
How to transfer EPF account online: Employees working in organized sector institutions have the facility of Employee Provident Fund (EPF or PF). Usually, the PF account is also changed on changing the job and PF contribution to the new company starts going to the new PF account. In such a situation, many PF accounts of those who change more than one job become PF and money is stored in all of them. If someone wants to transfer money from his old PF accounts to one PF account, then this facility is available.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) allows member employees to transfer PF money online. That is, without going anywhere the employee can transfer money from one PF account to another. Its process is also very simple.
How to apply for PF transfer?
- First of all, you have to go to the unified member portal of EPFO https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. Here you have to login using your universal account number (UAN) and password.
- After login, you have to go to Online Services and click on Option One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request).
- Then you verify the personal information and PF account for your current appointment.
- After this, by clicking on the Get Details option, the PF account details of your previous appointment will appear on the screen.
- Then you will have the option to choose between previous employer and current employer to attest your online claim form. You choose it based on the availability of Authorized Signatory Holding DSC. Choose any of the two employers and give the member ID or UAN.
- Lastly click on the ‘Get OTP’ option, which will bring OTP to your registered mobile number. Then enter that OTP and click on submit option.