All the banks have provided medium to their customers to prevent the customers from being blocked/stolen due to lost or stolen debit / ATM card or any other reason. If you are an SBI Debit / ATM card user and want to close/block it for any reason, then you do not have to go anywhere. You can block your card sitting at home. SBI provides 4 ways for this, which are Internet Banking, Call, SMS and SBI App. Let’s know about them…
If the customer wants to block SBI debit / ATM card through call then he has to call 1800-11-22-11, 1800-425-3800 toll-free numbers or 080-080-26599990. After this, the customer has to follow the instructions received on the call.
What is the online process?
If the customer wants to block online SBI debit card using internet banking, then he has to follow this process…
- Go to https://www.onlinesbi.com/ and log in.
- Click on ATM Card Services in the e-Services tab.
- Now select ‘Block ATM Card’.
- Select the bank account number linked to the respective card. If someone has only one account in SBI, then it will be automatically selected.
- Click on Continue.
- Now all the details of the SBI Debit Card with the customer will be revealed. Select the card to block.
- After this, the reason for blocking the card will be asked. If the card has been stolen, choose Stollen and if it is lost, then click on submit.
- Verify details and confirm. Remember that once the card is blocked, it cannot be unblocked through Internet banking.
- After this, the method of authentication will be asked. If you want to do this through OTP then choose OTP.
- The OTP will come on the mobile number registered in the customer’s SBI. Submit and submit it in the specified space.
- After this, the agreement will show the successful blocking of SBI ATM / Debit Card.