Do not worry if you are a pensioner covered under the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) Employee Pension Scheme and have lost your Pension Payment Order (PPO) number. You can get it again from home. PPO number is a unique number issued by EPFO after the retirement of the employee. Pensioners receive a pension after retirement with the help of PPO number.
According to EPFO, if a person loses his PPO number, he can easily recover it with the help of his bank account number or PF number. Let’s know what is its process…
- First of all, visit the official website of the Employees Provident Fund Organization https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Now click on the option of ‘Pensioners Portal’ in the ‘Online Services’ section given on the left side.
- After clicking, a new page will open. On this page, on the left side, you know ‘Know Your PPO No.’ Click on the option.
- Here you have to enter your bank account number, which is linked to your pension fund. Or you can search by entering your PF number, also known as Member ID.
- After successful submission of details, PPF number will be shown on screen.
Why PPO Number is Important
PPO number 12 is an important number of digits. This is a reference number, which is meant for any communication to the Central Pension Accounting Office. The PPO number must be entered in the pensioner’s passbook. PPO number is required for transfer of pension account from one branch of the bank to another branch. Apart from this, if you lodge a complaint related to your pension in EPFO, then it is also mandatory to give PPO number here. PPO number is also required to know the online pension status. PPO number is also required to be submitted every year while submitting life proof.