Doorstep Banking Services: Banking has become a common necessity nowadays. In such a situation, older people and physically challenged people have a lot of problems in banking because they need some support to go to the bank. Doorstep banking services of the country’s largest bank SBI are a big relief to help such people. Under this services, the bank provides many types of services directly at home, that is, there is no need to go to the bank. Apart from cash transactions in these services, there is also an important service like life certificate.
Eligibility to avail services
- Must be over 70 years of age and not physically capable.
- KYC complete.
- A valid mobile number should be linked with the account.
- Single account holder or joint account holder may not have one. This service is not available for jointly operated accounts, accounts opened for children and non-personal nature accounts.
- The address of the account holder should be registered within 5 km of the home branch, that is, the account holder’s home should be within 5 km of the home branch.
Also read- Country’s first private train will run again from 14 February, see timings and fares and book tickets here
These facilities under DSB Services
- Cash transaction
- Check pickup (maximum two in a request)
- Check Reclamation Slip Pickup (pickup means that the bank will come to take the slip) (maximum 100 check leaves in one request)
- Form 15H Pickup
- Delivery of drafts (delivery means that the draft will be delivered to the bank at home)
- Delivery of Term Deposit Advice / Account Statement
- Life certificate pick up
- KYC Documents Pickup
- A minimum of 1 thousand and maximum Rs 20 thousand can be deposited in a day through doorstep services and the same limit has been kept for withdrawal. Deposit or withdrawal will be in multiple of Rs 100.
- Service requests can be made from 9 am to 4 pm on working days through toll free number 1800 1111 03.
- Service can be requested through the doorstep banking tab of the YONO app.
- This service will be available only up to a distance of 5 km from the bank.
Relief to HDFC Bank borrowers, now loan installment will be deposited at nearest CSC; Learn every detail
The entire process of services
- The customer has to go to his home branch and fill an application form in which the latest photo will also be put. After the registration is complete, the customer will be eligible for Doorstep Banking Services.
- When any banking services are required, you will have to call the toll free number from the mobile number registered with the bank account within 9 am to 4 pm on a working day.
- The customer has to tell the last four digits of his account number when the call is connected.
- After the initial verification, the call will be transferred to the contact center agent for the second phase verification.
- After verification, the customer will have to specify the appropriate time to take services anytime from 9 am to 5 pm on working days.
- If the request is approved, the customer will get an SMS with the case ID and request type. On request through Yono app too, such an SMS will come.
- This request will be sent to the doorstep banking agent who will arrive at the customer’s address at the scheduled time.
- The banking agent will authenticate the customer’s identity through photo ID and other valid documents.
- In the mobile which the agent will bring with him, the process of banking services will be started on the doorstep banking web portal.
- In this, the customer has to enter the case ID and verification code.
- In the case of cash withdrawal, the banking agent will give cash to the customer and in case of cash deposit, the banking agent will take cash from the customer.
- This amount will be debited or credited from the customer’s account in real time.
- The customer will receive an SMS to complete the transaction and only then will he approve the doorstep agent to go.
- If the doorstep agent cannot provide the services at the specified time, then the customer will be paid the applicable charges. However, due to any technical failure, services are not available, then there will be no charge.
Yes Bank and DBS Bank are giving the highest interest on tax savings FD, these banks are also giving good interest