The Rishiganga Dam has been damaged after a part of the Nanda Devi glacier was damaged in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. More than 100 people are missing after this disaster. India has faced one disaster after another in recent times. Corona epidemic crisis is also going on. Due to these disasters, many people have been damaged and their property and other assets have also been damaged. For example, damage to property, cars etc. occurs due to floods. Apart from keeping your family safe, people who have comprehensive vehicle insurance, property insurance are better in the event of a natural disaster.
Read the policy carefully
For those who have been victims of natural disaster, it is important to know how to claim. Claims can be rejected with wrong or incomplete instruments. Property claims are mostly rejected due to incorrect information. Read the home insurance policy carefully, so that it should know the risks and exceptions. This makes the policyholders not suddenly discover any of the latter.
In view of this, it is important to know that in case of a natural disaster, how to claim you. Let’s know about this.
- If due to theft, fire or flood, the property of the policy holder is damaged, then he has to inform the concerned authority.
- The policy holder should provide all the correct documents for the claim process. Policy holders should always keep their home insurance documents safe in a bank locker and keep a copy of them at home. They should not keep the original copy only in the house, as it may damage the property.
- With the help of digital locker, a person can keep all their important documents safe on the cloud best platform.
- Contact your insurance company or agent as soon as possible after the loss occurs.
Claim in due time
- Keep this in mind that if you do not apply within the stipulated time, your insurance claim may be rejected in that case also. Some insurance companies give a week’s time, others give a month’s option. The claim filed after this period is not seen by the insurer.
- You should also take some pictures showing the damage with you.
- As proof of your loss, if you can recover some small things, then do it.
- If your house is not in a livable condition due to the disaster and due to this you are living somewhere else, then keep all the receipts there.
- With this, write down all the items in your house that have been damaged.
- The insurance company first appoints the surveyor to assess the loss. Policy holders should provide as much information as they can.
- Finally, if you have paid your premium on time, you will be covered by the insurance policy and the claim will be approved. A major reason for being rejected is that the policy holders do not pay the premium on time.