Health Insurance: Health insurance is becoming increasingly popular over time due to rising health expenses. In the current era, due to the huge cost incurred in the treatment of corona infections, the prevalence of health insurance is also increasing rapidly. Sales of health insurance are increasing not only in metro cities but also in small cities and towns.
Some people also have some misconceptions about health insurance, such as if their company has given them a cover, then what is the need to take a separate policy or if they are very young and single, then there is no need for a health policy. Apart from this, some people are addicted to smoking, so they do not take health policy because of this misunderstanding because they feel that the health insurance of the smoker is not there.
1.5 crore should be done in 20 years, will 5 thousand monthly SIPs be met? Check top scheme returns
Avoid these misconceptions about health insurance
- No more need for health insurance at a young age: Generally, the biggest misconception about health policy is that young people do not need it. However, this is not the case. In the second wave of Corona, youth are also getting infected very fast. Apart from this, most people are facing stress in the modern lifestyle and diseases are also increasing due to the increasing movement of eating and drinking outside. In such a situation, health policy is necessary to cover the expenses related to health even at a young age.
- Health policy is not necessary for single people: Some people believe that there is no need to give priority to health policy before marriage. However, this is not the case because even before marriage big expenses can be incurred on health. Apart from this, if you have taken health insurance before marriage, then after marriage, you can include your spouse. Apart from this, parents can also be included in the family floater.
- The company has got the cover, so there is no need to take the cover separately: Most of the people get health cover from the company, then they do not understand the need to take a separate health policy. However this should not happen because as long as you are connected with the company, then only you will get cover under the company’s health policy. Apart from this, the insurance of the company will be as per its rules. In such a situation, it would be right to take a separate health policy regarding health coverage in the event of changing or leaving the job. One of the advantages of this will also be that it can be purchased according to the needs of oneself and family.
- Insurance company will bear all the expenses on recruitment: Getting health insurance does not mean that the insurance company will bear all your expenses. Most health insurance plans have a co-pay clause under which the insured person has to pay a part of the hospital’s total expenses. For example, if the co-pay clause is 10 percent, then you will have to pay 1 lakh rupees from your pocket if the hospital bill comes to 10 lakh rupees. Apart from this, there is a limit on room rent and doctor’s fees etc. and you have to pay the amount after that. In such a situation, while purchasing health insurance, definitely check these things in the policy document to see how much it will cover hospital expenses and take a health policy accordingly.
- Smoker does not get health coverage: Some people also do not have health coverage because they are smokers and they feel that insurance companies do not provide health cover to smokers. However, this is not the case. Insurance companies also provide health cover to smokers, but premiums have to be paid more than those who do not smoke. Smokers have to pay a higher premium because they are more likely to get sick.