The BSE Sensex was up 162 points at 40,707 yesterday and the Nifty closed up 40 points at 11,937. The US market Nasdaq gained 0.11%, down 12 points to 11,665
The stock market is down due to weak global cues. BSE is trading down 138.17 points at 40,569.14 and the Nifty is down 39.80 points at 11,897.85 level. Today, there is a decline in auto, banking and metal stocks in the market. While the IT sector has a slight edge.
Britannia and Bajaj Finserv shares are up 2-2% in the Nifty. Bajaj Finance and Wipro are also up 1-1 per cent. While the shares of Dr. Reddy’s and Hindalco fell by 1-1 per cent. Apart from this, shares of Asian Paints and Hero MotoCorp are also down by more than 1-1 per cent. BSE opened 176 points down at 40,531.31 and the Nifty opened 47.65 points down at 11,890.00 in the morning.
These stocks will be watched
1. Quarterly results – Asian Paints, Bajaj Auto, Bajaj Holdings, Bharti Infratel, Biocon, HDFC AMC and SBI Cards & Payment will announce their second-quarter results on Thursday.
2. Bajaj Finserv – The company’s profit fell 18.06% to Rs 986.29 crore in the September quarter.
3. Reliance Industries – Reliance Jio has launched a new Made-in-India mobile browser Jio Pages (JioPages). This browser is available in eight Indian languages. The company has promised to provide a better browsing experience with a focus on data privacy. This new version of the browser has arrived on the Google Play Store. Jio Pages has been designed and developed entirely in India.
4. Kirloskar Industries – Capital market regulator SEBI has banned 5 members of the Kirloskar family from trading in the stock market in the case of insider trading. This ban is imposed on all members for 6 months. SEBI issued a circular giving information in this matter.
5. Bajaj Finance – On Wednesday, NBFC sector company Bajaj Finance announced the second-quarter results. Consolidated profit of the company declined 36% to Rs 965 crore in the September quarter. It was Rs 1,506 crore in the same quarter last year.
Market condition on Wednesday
Banking and metal shares closed in the gains yesterday. The Nifty Bank Index gained 327 points. While auto and IT stocks were seen to decline. The power grid shares closed up 4% in the Nifty. Apart from this, Bharti Airtel shares also closed up 3%. While Britannia’s stock closed with a 4% drop. Finally, the BSE Sensex was up 162.94 points at 40,707.31 and the Nifty was up 40.85 points at 11,937.65.
Decline in worldwide markets
On Wednesday, the global market saw a decline. The US market Dow Jones was down 97.97 points at 28,210.80, down 0.35%. The Nasdaq also lost 12.47 points to close at 11,665.40. At the same time, the S&P 500 index also slipped 0.22% to close at 3,435.56.
European stock market also saw selling on Wednesday. The UK’s FTSE index closed down 1.91% yesterday. In addition, France’s CAC index and Germany’s DAX index also closed down. Even in Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei index is down by 169 points today. China’s Shanghai Composite Index is trading at 3296.86, a decline of 28.17 points.
09:15 AM BSE opened 176 points down at 40,531.31 and Nifty opened 47.65 points down at 11,890.00 level.