The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has started credit of interest at the rate of 8.5 per cent for FY 2019-20 in the Provident Fund (PF) account of its more than six crore subscribers. This interest will be available on the amount deposited in the PF account. Earlier it was proposed to credit the account at the rate of 8.15 and 0.35 per cent, but in the final it was decided to simultaneously credit the entire interest at the rate of 8.5 per cent.
If you also contribute to PF account, then this interest will also come in your account. Whether interest came in the PF account or not, it can be seen sitting at home. Apart from this, if the amount of interest has not been credited to your account, then you can also complain about it.
See your PF balance like this
Via EPFO website-
- Visit https://epfindia.gov.in/
- When the cursor is moved to the Services section, click For Employees.
- Click on Member Passbook in Serices
- Login by filling in the UAN number, password and captcha.
- Select your Member ID on the new page.
- Click on View Passbook.
- Here you will get complete details related to the balance in the EPF account and can also see the interest.
Via mobile number
To know your EPF balance, you can send SMS from your mobile number registered with EPFO. You have to SMS EPFOHO UAN from registered mobile number to 7738299899. If you want details related to balance in EPF account in any other language including Hindi, then you will have to write a three-letter code of the language. For example, to get information in Hindi, you have to message by writing EPFOHO UAN HIN.
Via missed call
EPF balance can also be called by making a missed call on 011-22901406 from the registered mobile number with the EPFO.
Via UMANG App
- Open the UMANG App and click on EPFO.
- Click on Employee Centric Services.
- After clicking on passbook option, enter the UAN number and password.
- OTP will come on the registered mobile number. After filling it, you can see the EPF balance.
Complain about EPF account like this
- Visit the website https://epfigms.gov.in/. This is the EPF Grievance Management System website.
Click Register Grievance.
- Choose your status from PF member, EPS pensioner, employer, others. For PF account-related complaint, select PF member.
- Fill in the UAN (Universe Account Number) and Security Code and click on Get Details. Personal information will come out of the linked account from UAN.
- Click on Get OTP. OTP will come on the registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and submit. After this, fill in personal details and click on the PF number with which to file a complaint.
- A pop up will come up. Here you have to choose one option from PF Office, Employer, Employee Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) Scheme or Pre Pension.
- Upload the details and necessary documents and click submit.
- The complaint will be registered and the complaint registration number will come on the registered mobile number-email.
Check complaint status in this way
- Go to https://epfigms.gov.in/ website and click on View Status.
- Submit the complaint by filling in the registration number, mobile number/email ID and security code.
- The status of the complaint will appear. Here it will be known that which regional office and officer of EPFO is working on the complaint. From here you will get an email address and phone number with which you can contact.
- The processing time of the claim is 20 days but due to the corona, it may take a few days more.