If ever you lose a UAN or someone forgets the UAN, then EPFO also provides the facility to regain it. Subscribers can know UAN sitting at home through online medium, missed call or SMS. To know the UAN, the mobile number of the EPF account holder should be registered with the EPFO and one of the bank account numbers / Aadhaar / PAN KYC along with the UAN number is complete.
Via missed call
The EPF account holder has to give a missed call from his registered mobile number on 01122901406. In a few seconds, EPFO will send the details of UAN, EPF account holder name, date of birth, Aadhaar number, last contribution to the account and total PF balance in a message.
For this also it is necessary to register the mobile number in EPFO. Write EPFOHO UAN ENG from a registered mobile number and send it to 7738299899. The last three letters in this message are for the language. If you want to get SMS in Hindi then send it by writing EPFOHO UAN HIN. Within a few seconds, details from the EPFO, including UAN, will come to you.
- Go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php and click on Member UAN / Online Service (OCS / OTCP) in the Services section.
- Now in the newly opened page on the right side, click on ‘No Your UAN’ in the Important Links section.
- Enter registered mobile number and captcha and click on ‘Request OTP’.
- Submit the OTP on the mobile number by putting it in the specified space and enter the captcha once again.
- After this, the PF account holder will have to enter the name, date of birth and Aadhaar or PAN or member ID / PF account number in the page that opens. Then you will have to enter the captcha and click on ‘Show My UAN’.
- After this, you will get your UAN.