Mobile Banking Safety Tips: In the era of Coronavirus epidemic, most of the government and private employees are doing their office work from home. In such a situation, they use the Internet maximum time during the day. At this time people are also avoiding going to the branch for the functioning of the bank. In such a situation, most people are using mobile banking sitting at home. But these days cybercriminals are also taking advantage of this. Bank fraud cases are increasing constantly. Therefore, it has become very important to pay attention to safety. Let us know what is important for safe mobile banking.
Tips for secure mobile banking
- To access the handset menu on your mobile phone, set up a PIN or password.
- Register or update your mobile number and email ID, so that banking transaction alerts are received.
- Do not follow any URL in the message that you are not sure about.
- If you have to share your mobile with another person or send it for repair/maintenance, then clear the browsing history. Clear the temporary files stored in the memory as it may contain your account number and other sensitive information. Block mobile applications by contacting your bank. You can unblock them when you get your mobile back.
- Do not save any confidential information such as debit/credit number, CVV number or PIN on your mobile phone.
- Install anti malware / anti virus software on your smartphone and keep it updated.
- Keep your mobile operating system and applications updated with the latest security features and upgrades.
- Keep passwords strong to protect your mobile device from unauthorized access. Keep a PIN or password that is very difficult to detect.
- Do not enable online auto-fill or save user ID or password for mobile banking.