Food is an integral part of the festival of Holi and sweets and traditional sweets are the most important. Holi celebrations are incomplete without some delicious sweets. Let us tell you about the method of making two such sweets for Holi and the ingredients that can be easily prepared at home.
Cashew Katli Recipe
Cashew – 500 grams
Jaggery – 125 grams
Water – 50 ml
Pistachios for garnish
1. Grind cashews in a food processor or grinder so that they become finely powdered. Make sure to grind at pulse mode in short intervals as continuous grinding will make the cashew nuts moist and remove its oil. You can keep the cashew powder granulated or fine, which depends on how smooth or granular you want your cashew katli to be.
2. Mix jiggery and water in a non-stick wok on low heat. Melt the jaggery, cook it till the jaggery becomes a string consistency. To test, take a drop and try to paste it between your thumb and index finger. If a single thread is formed then you understand that you are going right.
3. Add grated cashews to the pan, mix well and cook on a medium to low flame for 1-2 minutes.
4. Place the mixture on a butter paper and place another butter paper on top of it.
5. Use a rolling pin and thin or thicken the mixture to your liking.
6. Remove the top butter paper and garnish it with powdered pistachios. Press the powdered pistachios lightly with a clean spatula and leave it for half an hour to set.
7. After leaving half an hour, cut the katli into a diamond shape with a sharp and clean knife. You can also put aluminum foil over the cutlet as soon as you find it in the sweet shop. Your Katli is ready. Now serve it to your guests, family and friends.
Time left – 4 hours
Preparation Time – 45 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
Ingredients for Aromatic Milk
Milk 1.5 liters
Almonds 2 tablespoons (thin)
Pistachio 2 tablespoons (thin)
Cardamom Powder 1 teaspoon
Sugar 1 cup
Saffron throat 15-20
1. Put milk in a deep bottom deep pan on medium flame and keep it stirring occasionally with light hands to boil it. Add almonds, pistachios, cardamom powder, sugar and saffron varieties to it. You can manage the quantity of sugar according to your palate.
2. Mix all these well and cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes, while stirring occasionally. After cooking for such a long time, the milk will be slightly less. Now remove it from the heat and cool it to room temperature.