Ashwagandha: Indian ginseng – six thousand years old medicine, know its benefits and disadvantages. Ashwagandha is considered one of the finest medicines in Ayurveda. It has given special place in Ayurveda. It is not only a plant, but is also an excellent medicine to eliminate many diseases from the root. For this reason medicines are made from its roots and leaves. The scientific name of Ashwagandha is Vithania somnifera. The special thing is that the aroma of its roots and leaves is similar to the urine of horse. This is the reason why it is called as Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha has been considered a medicine more than six thousand years old. It has been given a special place in Ayurveda. The Vedas also describe its virtuous facts.
Ashwagandha: Indian ginseng – six thousand years old medicine
Shwagandha is an Ayurvedic medicine that does not need any introduction. Due to the countless benefits, it has been used worldwide for centuries. Scientists also believe that Ashwagandha is a powerful medicine. For this reason, it is said that its use can help in avoiding many physical problems, disorders and diseases. It has antioxidant, antiinflammatory, anti-stress and antibacterial agents and improves immune system and good sleep properties. Therefore, today we will also talk about the benefits of Ashwagandha, which is full of quality, as well as its side effects.
Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha is a miraculous herb. It has an important place in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha is an effective treatment for problems like stress, anxiety, tiredness, lack of sleep. This stress decreases the level of the hormone cortisol, which reduces stress.
- Treatment of a sufferer from severe depression is also possible with Ashwagandha.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels and keeps the heart healthy.
- Beneficial for cancer patients. According to a research, Ashwagandha helps in reducing the bad effects of chemotherapy. Apart from this, new cancer also prevents cells from being formed.
- It is also used to reduce swelling and pain.
- Grinding its roots and applying it on the wound cures the wound quickly.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Helps in curing skin diseases. It not only reduces wrinkles, but also cures skin diseases.
- Cures insomia complaints.
- Controls diabetes. Reduces blood sugar and impairs insulin sensitivity in muscle cells.
- Increases muscle mass in men, reduces body fat and gives strength.
- It relieves swelling and irritation.
- The joint is beneficial for pens and camaraderie.
- It is also used to treat Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Ashwagandha also protects against many bacterial infections due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- Ashwagandha combines male hormone levels and reproductive health.
- It helps in increasing the fertility of men. Sperm count increases with its consumption.
- Testosterone helps to increase hormones.
Disadvantages of Ashwagandha – Side Effects of Ashwagandha
- People suffering from blood pressure should take Ashwagandha in consultation with a doctor. Those who have low BP should not consume Ashwagandha.
- Its excessive use can be harmful to the stomach. Taking it can cause diarrhea. Therefore, before using it, you should consult a doctor and only then consume it.
- It is good for sleep. But its use for a long time can also harm you.
- Not taking the right dosage can cause problems like vomiting and nausea.
- Using it more can also be harmful for you. Excessive use of ashwagandha may also cause fever, fatigue, and pain.
Also know: – Garlic keeps you away from diseases