Are you suddenly feeling heavy in your own body? Have you suddenly gained weight? Do you have severe pain in your legs and ankles? Suddenly there is swelling on your face, arms, legs and abdomen? If this is the case, then you may have a complaint of water retention, because all these symptoms are of water retention.
Why does water retention happen?
Water retention means accumulation of water in the body parts and swelling due to that. There can be many reasons for water retention.
– The problem of water retention can be caused by sitting in one place during long journey.
– Imbalance in hormones also leads to water retention.
– Excess intake of salt also increases water retention.
– Water retention may occur due to hormonal changes during periods in women.
– Water retention can also occur due to disturbances in heart function. When the heart becomes weak and cannot pump the blood properly, then there is a problem of water retention.
– Consumption of certain medicines and some medical conditions can also cause water retention.
Symptoms of water retention
– Loss of appetite
– Pain in legs, ankles and ankles
– Swelling in some parts of the body
– Sudden weight gain or loss
– Feeling of heaviness in the stomach
– Tightness in joints, due to which there is difficulty in walking or getting up and sitting.
– A slight dent on the feet or hands even when pressed
Home remedies for water retention
1. Include things in your diet that are rich in magnesium, such as yogurt, green vegetables, nuts, etc. This gives relief in water retention.
2. Make sure to consume potato, walnuts and bananas rich in vitamin B6 daily. It is helpful in removing water retention.
3. Keep drinking some water. Actually, when the body does not get sufficient amount of water, then water starts accumulating in the body.
Therefore, it is better to drink water, lemonade or orange juice at short intervals. This will increase the amount of potassium in the body and reduce inflammation.
4. Reduce salt intake. Apart from this, other spices like chilli, turmeric should also be used less in the food.
4. Stress also increases water retention, so stay away from stress. Do regular yoga, exercise.
5. Water retention can also occur due to sitting or standing for too long in the same state. So in a while
Take a break and take a walk.
6. Also, keep in mind that while working, do not sit cross-legged. This also blocks blood circulation.
7. To remove water retention, eat apples, grapes, strawberry, green vegetables, beet etc. This will help your body to get detoxified.
8. Include protein-rich items in the diet.
Keep these things in mind too
– Reduce intake of sodium-rich foods such as salt, tea, coffee and wine, pasta, pastries, sodas, snacks, junk food, caffeinated beverages.
– Take salt at least.
– Do not include refined items in your diet.
– Wear socks to prevent liquid from collecting in your feet.
– Try to keep your feet at some height while lying down.
– Stay away from alcohol and smoking.
– Focus on your diet and see which foods trigger water retention.
– Do not bathe in hot water. Apart from this, try to keep your weight under control as well.
– Perform Yogasanas like Parvatasana, Veerabhadrasana, Halasana and Surya Namaskar.