10.1 C
Delhi
Monday, January 17, 2022

India Biotech orders 55 lakh doses of Covaxin, will give 16.50 lakh doses for free to the government

Bharat Biotech has prepared Covaxin against Coronavirus.

COVID19 Vaccine Updates: The central government has ordered Bharat Biotech for 55 lakh doses of Corona vaccine. Bharat Biotech has prepared the vaccine Covaxin against Coronavirus and the central government will buy 38.5 lakh doses from it at the rate of Rs 295 per dose. India Biotech will give the remaining 16.5 lakh doses of Kovaxin to the Central Government for free.

Apart from this, the central government will also take the corona vaccine from another Indian company. KoviShield will buy 1.10 crore doses of vaccine from Serum Institute of India (SII). The central government will buy them from SII at the rate of Rs 200 per dose. Apart from this, the central government will also purchase 35 lakh doses from Bharat Biotech. This information was given by Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan.

The Indian Medical Association (IMA) has approved and supported two vaccines developed in India, Kovyshield and Kovaxin. Dr. VK Paul, Member (Health), Government think tank NITI Aayog has thanked the IMA for this.

Bharat Biotech is working on another vaccine

A few days ago, Bharat Biotech said that after approving the cocaine, Phase-1 clinical trial of its new intranasal vaccine for the Corona vaccine will begin in February-March. For this, he has tied up with Washington University School of Medicine. It is a single dose intranasal vaccine for Corona.

India Biotech to start human trials for its intranasal corona vaccine in February-March

The world’s largest vaccination since 16 January

The country’s largest vaccination campaign is starting in the country from 16 January. About 3 crore health workers and frontline workers will be vaccinated in the first phase of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. The Prime Minister said in a meeting with the Chief Ministers of all the states on Monday that the states will not have to bear the expenses of the 3 crore people who will be vaccinated in the first phase, but the Government of India will bear this expenditure. The central government plans to vaccinate 300 million people in the next few months. According to the plan, people over 50 years of age will be vaccinated in the second phase. In addition, those sick people under the age of 50 who are at highest risk of infection will also be vaccinated.

More than half of the corona patient in home isolation

The state of the Corona epidemic worldwide is worrisome. The Health Ministry says that new cases of corona infection in India are declining, but this time there is no time to be careless about it. According to the Health Ministry, 43.96 percent of Corona patients are in hospitals in the country and the remaining 56.04 percent are in home isolation.

Business Khabar
We aim to constantly bring to you all the latest and most updated industry news across all major categories. With a wide variety of topics and categories under our umbrella, we bring to you the latest news and activities in the top sought areas of public interest.
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -