Taking care of intimate hygiene is very important for women. Not only does this make you feel clean and fresh, but it also keeps you safe from many health problems. Follow these tips by Vasavadatta Gandhi, an expert in Millennium Herbal Care, to maintain intimate hygiene.
Always keep the intimate part dry
- There is more moisture around the vagina, so try to keep the place dry. Take special care of this thing especially during the rainy season. Whatever innerwear you wear, they are well dried, take special care of this.
- Since this season also brings more sweat, keep in mind that the fabric of innerwear should be breedable. The synthetic fabric prevents moisture from seeping out, causing irritation and friction, which is also not good for the skin.
- Talcum powder can also be used to keep the vaginal part dry.
- If you get wet in the rain, take a bath immediately and dry yourself well when you get home.
Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Wearing tight undergarments is the biggest reason for vaginal infection, avoid doing this.
- Do not wear clothes that are very tight. This causes irritation and it does not properly perform blood circulation in this area.
- Avoid wearing skinny jeans and tight shorts. This causes excessive sweating and the airflow is not properly in the body, causing skin irritation and friction.
- It is better to wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothes. Wear comfortable light shorts at bedtime, so that your skin can breathe.
Take care of vaginal hygiene
- Always wear clean underwear. This is most important for intimate hygiene.
- Clean the intimate area slowly 2 times a day, but keep in mind that avoid washing more than 2 times a day, otherwise, irritation, itching and dryness may occur.
- Avoid using hard water, Harsh soap etc. in this area. Always use gentle and mild products.
- By keeping the intimate part clean, bacterial infection and deodorant can be avoided. Always clean the intimate part while bathing in the morning and sleeping at night. If you sweat too much, then you need to pay more attention to cleanliness as well.
- Pubic hair causes excessive sweating around the vagina and there is a risk of increased odor and infection due to sweat, so keep the pubic hair clean from time to time to avoid vaginal infection.
Keep yourself hydrated
- Take more liquid, it will keep you hydrated.
- Drink plenty of water and fruit juice, so that the urine is in the right amount and the urinary track remains clean and healthy.
- The water excretes the toxins of the body and balances the pH value of the body.
- By drinking more liquid, you will also be safe from urinary tract infection.
Maintain healthy food habits
- Avoid eating more spicy food, acidic food disturbs the balance of pH, causing the smell from the intimate area.
- Eat a diet that contains pre and probiotic, which includes plain yoghurt, onion, garlic, strawberry, and green leafy vegetables. These help to grow healthy bacteria in the vagina and keep you in good health.
Hygiene in periods
- Take special care of hygiene during periods.
- During periods, change the sanitary pad as frequently and frequently.
- Change the pad every 4-6 hours. Using the same pad for a longer period of time increases the chances of infection in the vagina, which increases the chances of infection, itching, burning and smell.
- Take special care of cleaning the private part before the periods.
- These days it is very important to take a bath and keep yourself clean, so do not be lazy.