Amritsari Dal Recipe: Restaurant Style Achari Amritsari Dal, you will make it again and again, know the recipe: This is a very popular black colored dal recipe, which is made from black urad dal! This recipe is usually made in Punjabi gurudwaras and served with rice or roti in langar and is known for its simple taste! The recipe is very easy to make and does not require any special ingredients! Daal recipes are made all over India and are a major part of Indian food! It can be made from a variety of pulses or a mixture of pulses, which is served with rice and roti! One such simple and simple recipe is Amritsari Langar Dal recipe, which is famous for its color and flavor!
Restaurant style Achari Amritsari Dal, will make it again and again, learn the recipe
This creamy dal recipe is known by many names and the methods of making it are also different! But in all these, Kali Urad or Kale Chana are added with Chana dal in small quantities! The way to make this recipe is very slow, which makes it different and flavourful! Especially in Gurudwaras it is made in large quantities and cooked for hours! Some people will not be able to distinguish the famous Dal Makhani and this! But this recipe is totally different due to its taste and the lentils added to it! Dal Makhni is made from black lentils and kidney beans, which have a very different taste!
Ingredients to make Amritsari dal
Whole Urad Dal – 1 cup
Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
Salt – as per taste
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee – 4 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 piece
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Finely chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Chopped Green Chillies – 2
Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Mango powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Amritsari Dal making fry recipe
- To make dal fry, first wash the lentils and soak them in water for 20 to 30 minutes!
- Now put the lentils in the cooker with water, salt and turmeric powder as per the usage and cook till it comes to 5 cities. Lose the cooker and remove the water from the lentils and keep them aside.
- Now heat ghee and oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and green chilies to it! Allow to cook for 2 minutes!
- Add the onions after 2 minutes and cook until the onions turn soft and brown! After it becomes soft add tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- After the tomatoes are soft, add the lentils and mix well. After mixing, add water to the lentils and salt to taste.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes and cook until it thickens.
- Now prepare to add tempering to it! Heat ghee in a tempering pan! Add mustard seeds, fennel and cumin seeds to it! Add asafetida, dry red chilli and Kashmiri red chilli powder to it after 15 seconds! Cook for 15 seconds and put the lentils in the lentils. Beat the lentils and keep them aside for 10 minutes!
- Garnish with green coriander after 10 minutes and serve! Serve with Dal Fry’s Save Tomato Vegetable and Bhakri for dinner!