notebook is the most important item in the study area. Without it, it is not possible to study and write. According to the requirements of different subjects, different types of copies are manufactured, which are sold at different prices in the market. These notebooks are present with different brands and qualities, which are sold at different prices with their quality. You too can start a notebook business with very little money and can earn a lot of profit by selling them with your branding. Here all the necessary information related to this business will be given.
Raw Material Required to make Notebook
The raw material required to make a notebook is given below. For this, various coated or uncoated paper i.e. Dista paper and cardboard are required.
Price of raw materials:
- Dist Paper: The cost of Dista paper is Rs.62 per kg.
- Cardboard: The cardboard used for the cover is Re 1 per piece.
Where to Buy Raw Materials?
Can be purchased online through the following website.
Profits in notebook making business
About 6 to 7 notebooks can be made in one kg of paper. If you sell it in retail, it sells for Rs.15 per piece. The total cost of making a notebook is Rs 11. The cost of this type of notebook in wholesale ranges from Rs 12 to 13. In this way, a profit of Rs 2 can be earned in each notebook wholesale.
Machinery for making notebooks
For this, the following machine is required.
- pin up the machine,
- edge square machine,
- cutting machine
These machines take 4 kW of electricity and can also be run with domestic electricity.
Price of Notebook Making Machine :
The total cost of these machines ranges between 5.5 lakh to 6 lakh.
where to buy: It can be purchased online through the IndiaMART website:
Notebook making process
The process of making notebooks is very simple, once its machinery is understood, notebooks can be made very easily. Its complete process is given below.
- First of all, fold the sheet (which acts as a cover for the notebook) in such a way that it comes in the shape of the cover according to the notebook.
- After this, fold the paper as many pages as you want to notebook it and put it inside it. After this, the process of pinning starts.
- In this process, these covers and the paper inserted inside them has to be pinned. For this, the folded shaft has to be pinned with the help of a pinning machine. This work is easily done with the help of a pinning machine.
- After that, it has to be finished by taking it to the edge square machine. Finishing means trimming extra pages etc. from the cover. After finishing the notebook becomes completely square.
- In the edge square machine, first, its pinning position comes in good shape. After this comes to its turn for cutting. Cut the previously made notebook from the front and after that, if needed, divide it into two parts by cutting from the middle. Apart from the pinned area, all three front parts have to be cut. In this way, in no time the notebook becomes ready for sale.
Time is taken to make a notebook
At least 6 to 8 copies are ready within 15 to 20 minutes.
Once the notebook is ready, it has to be packed as required, if it is talked about packing, then it can be packed as wholesale or retail. Larger packets can be made to pack in wholesale, a notebook can be packed in bigger bags as per the requirement of the dealer. If you want to launch your brand directly in retail, then for this make a pack of 6 copies per packet and deliver it to different stationery shops.
The total expenses for the business of making notebooks
The total expenditure for setting up this business comes to Rs 10 lakh. With this money, you can also buy this machine as well as get raw material. Apart from this, electricity wiring, etc. will also be done with this money.
In this way, by starting this business with a cost of 10 lakh rupees, you can easily launch your notebook brand in the market and earn profit.