SBI is giving a special facility to its customers if they want to stop the check payment due to wrong check number or payment number being entered wrong etc. Through this you can send a request to the bank.
It will be easy to stop check payment
If you are a State Bank of India (SBI) customer and want to stop payment of check deposited in the bank for any reason, then you do not need to visit the branch again and again. You can easily stop it sitting at home without going to the bank. SBI gives an easy option for this. Through which you can send request online. However, for this process, your mobile number should be registered with the bank.
You can also use SBI YONO or SBI YONO Lite app to stop making check payments. There can be many reasons for stopping check payment, such as you have issued the check for the wrong amount or you have canceled the order after the check is issued. In this case you may have to stop payment. To solve all this, SBI is giving special facilities to its customers.
Payment can be stopped through internet banking
1. To stop the check payment, you have to visit the official website of SBI. Log in to onlinesbi.com here.
2. Now click on the option ‘Stop Check Payment’ under ‘e-Services’ section.
3. Now select the account from which the check is issued.
4. After this the portal asks you to provide ‘Start Check Number’ and ‘End Check Number’.
5. User has to select the type of cheque.
6. The customer has to explain the reason for stopping the check payment. For this the customer can choose one of the ‘Stop Cause’ options.
7. The charges for this service by SBI will appear on the screen. These will be deducted separately from your account.
8.Finally click on ‘Submit’ and click on OK to verify the details of your request.
9.Once the request is accepted by the bank, you will get a message on the screen with the reference number and other important details. In which information will be given to accept your request.
How to request from SBI Yono
Customers can also stop the check payment by logging into the SBI YONO application. For this they have to click on ‘Request’. Then click on ‘Check Book’ and then ‘Stop Check’. Here select Account Number in the dropdown menu. Now definitely fill the start check number and end check number, that is, do not forget to fill the starting and last digits of the check. Now select the reason for stopping the payment. At last click on ‘Submit’. After doing this, OTP will come in your mobile. After filling it, your request will reach the bank and the payment will be stopped.
Also read: New Wage Code: There will be no delay in implementing the minimum wage, the government clarified