From viewing the pension related status to handing over the life certificate, it is very important to fill the PPO number. But if this number is lost, then to get it again, you will have to apply on the EPFO portal.
Know why PPO number is important for pension
For the identification of every employee, after retirement, they are given an account number by the EPFO. Which is called PPO number ie Pension Payment Order. On the basis of this, the EPF member gets pension every month. But if for some reason you have missed or lost this number, then the pension can stop. In such a situation, without any tension, you can get it again by following the rules mentioned by EPAO.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) also provides the facility of checking salary status etc. from the PPO number given to identify the beneficiary. In case of missing PPO number, you can apply through digital platform sitting at home to get it again. For this, one has to visit the official website of EPFO.
Procedure to apply for PPO number
1. In case of loss of PPO number, one has to visit the official website of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php to retrieve it again.
2. Here in the ‘Online Services’ section, click on the option of ‘Pensioners Portal’.
3. A new page will open as soon as you do this. Here you have to click on Know Your PPO No.
4. Here fill your bank account number in which your pension comes every month. If you want, you can also search by entering your PF number.
5. After filling all the details submit it. As soon as you do this, you will see the PPO number.
Numbers are also important for these things
This special 12-digit number is a kind of reference number. Through this, the Central Pension Accounting Office is contacted. This PPO number must be entered in the pensioner’s passbook. PPO number is required even if you want to transfer your account from one bank to another branch. Apart from this, it is mandatory to give PPO number in EPFO for pension related complaints. Apart from this, it is very important to write this number from viewing pension status to submitting life certificate every year.
Also read: 7th Pay Commission: Good news for these employees! Now the government will give bonus with salary, know how to get benefits