HDFC Bank has launched SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0. According to HDFC Bank, it is the country’s first comprehensive banking and payment solution for businessmen. Under this initial initiative of its kind in the country, businessmen and self-employed professionals will get the facility to open a current account and take payment in the store or online.
Through this merchant solution, the bank’s access to professional services such as small and medium scale businessmen and doctors, pharmacies and laundry services will be ensured. The bank hopes that in the next three years it will have access to more than 2 crore people in many metro cities, semi-urban and villages across the country. SmartHub 3.0 will be available as app-based, web-based and POS devices.
Features of SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0
- Instant account opening and merchant setup
- Payment collection through Bharat QR Code, Aadhaar Pay, UPI, SMS Pay, Credit or Debit Cards, Google Pay etc.
- Interfaces in 9 languages
- You will be able to share the product catalogue with customers through SMS, Email or WhatsApp.
- Will be able to apply for a loan and see credit card offers.
- Access to Payments and Due on one dashboard across all locations
- Merchants can also develop their customer loyalty program on this solution. They can offer discounts and offers to customers.
- Under this, special services will be provided with the value-added services. Such as inventory management for Grassy merchants, EMIs for electronic merchants and billing for farma companies, inventories and reminders.
There will be ease in meeting the goals of Digital India
Parag Rao, the country head (payments, consumer finance, digital banking and marketing) of HDFC Bank, described small and medium businesses as the backbone of the economy. He said that merchant networks should be empowered to promote digital payments across the country. To achieve the goal of Digital India, it is very important for small and medium-sized businesses to be digital.