Covaxin Emergeny Use List: Bharat Biotech International Limited has informed the government that it has submitted 90 percent of the documents related to cocaine to the WHO. This is because the vaccine can be made a list (EUL) for emergency use. The company has said that the remaining 10 percent of the documents will also be submitted in June. Let us know that the WHO has asked for more information from Bharat Biotech to include this vaccine in the list. The Hyderabad-based company had filed ‘Expression and Interest’ in front of the organization on 19 April. Currently, the list includes Covishield, Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca (2), Jensen (US and Netherlands) and Sinopharm / BBIP of the Serum Institute of India.
Trouble for foreigners taking covaxine
According to media reports, those who are vaccinated by cocaine vaccine are having trouble going abroad due to WHO not being included in the EUL. Many countries have issued policies for international travelers. Under these, many countries are allowing only those vaccines that have been approved by their regulators or are included in the WHO list.
More information needed: WHO
WHO has said that Bharat Biotech will have to give more information about listing its covicin vaccine for emergency use. According to the news agency, if the product presented for evaluation meets the criteria for inclusion in the list, then the WHO will publish its results on a large scale. The duration of the EUL process depends on the quality of the data submitted by the vaccine manufacturer and the data that meets the WHO criteria.
According to reports, after this the company will have to file a dossier. After the acceptance of this dossier, an assessment will be done by WHO before the covaxine is included in its list. After this, the process of induction of the vaccine into the EUL can begin. Now during this time it can take weeks at every level.