Nimit Aggarwal- Founder and Director at EcoEx
Nimit Aggarwal is the Founder and Director of EcoEx, the first-ever Digital Marketplace in the field of Plastic waste management ecosystem which helps brand owners meet a vast pool of Recyclers/Coprocessors to fulfill their EPR obligation. The start-up enables the exchange of credit certificates to strengthen the plastic recycling infrastructure. The platform aims to bring recyclers, waste collectors, producers, and brands together to facilitate the exchange of plastic credit certificates.
Nimit Aggarwal- Biography
|Graduation||Indian School of Business, Hyderabad|
|Position||Founder and Director, EcoEx|
Nimit Aggarwal- Education
Nimit received his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Delhi in Business Administration and Management, 2010-2013. He completed his Master of Business Administration from the Indian School of Business in the year 2017-2018.
Nimit Aggarwal- Professional Life
Nimit is a result-driven business leader and a fervent supporter of a circular economy, Nimit comes with more than 10 years of experience in leading organizations working towards sustainable solutions, plastic waste management, and PET plastic waste recycling. He is an eco-minded entrepreneur supporting UNDP Sustainable Development Goals and has also consulted numerous foreign recycling organizations with their planning and business strategy. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Indian School of Business. In September 2020, Nimit founded EcoEx, a first-of-its-kind digital platform for stakeholders of the plastic waste management value chain to undertake secured & mutual beneficial, plastic credit certificate transactions.
Nimit is an avid reader and prefers to travel while on a break.
Nimit Aggarwal is the founder & Managing Director who is guiding the whole team and also ensures accurate assistance when it comes to:-
- Brand owners to fulfil their EPR targets as per PWM -2016 guidelines & amendments/SoPs issued by Central pollution control board & MoeF&CC, Govt. of India
- Organising the unorganized Recycler/co-processor community, and through Ecoex Digital Marketplace, while empowering the community also helps in incentivising them.
Nimit Aggarwal- EcoEx
EcoEx is the brainchild of Nimit, founded in September 2020 to connect recyclers and collectors from various parts of unorganized sectors who are willing to recycle plastic responsibly. One of the major causes of ineffective management of waste in India is the unorganized structure of the stakeholders of the waste management industry. Through the exchange of plastic credit certificates, EcoEx aims to bring the stakeholders of the waste management industry together.
Since September 2020, EcoEx has facilitated the exchange of more than 6000 MTs’ of plastic credit certificates.
As per various studies, waste generation in India is growing at a massive rate of 16% CAGR. The plastic waste management sector is one of the most rapidly booming markets in the world. It is forecasted that the plastic waste market would be worth INR 21000 crores in the next 3 years and EcoEx aims at capturing a decent percentage of the same.
Know More: https://www.ecoex.market/
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of business platform is EcoEx?
– EcoEx is the first of its kind electronic marketplace that enables the secure exchange of plastic credit certificates from anywhere in India. EcoEx helps brand owners meet a vast pool of recyclers/coprocessors to fulfil their EPR obligation.
2. Can EcoEx bring about a change in the plastic recycling industry?
– A plastic credit model is envisaged where a producer is not required to recycle their own packaging, but to ensure that an equivalent amount of packaging waste has been recovered and recycled to meet their obligation. However, producers are mandated to acquire evidence of recycling or recovery [PLASTIC CREDIT] from properly accredited processors [recyclers, W2E plant operators, cement co-processors, users utilizing plastic in the road] or exporters.
By introducing a digital ecosystem that makes the process of buying or selling these plastic credit certificates quick, secure & equitable, EcoEx, in hindsight, is enabling the efficient nation-wide implementation of the extended producer responsibility.