Union Minister Nitin Gadkari today launched the country’s first CNG tractor in the capital Delhi on Friday 12 February. Through this, farmers will save up to 1 lakh rupees annually on fuel. While launching it today, the Union Minister said that the standards of the CNG tractor department have been fixed and its certification has been done. After this, now any manufacturer of the country can make a tractor using that standard and bring it to the market. Union ministers Dharmendra Pradhan, Narendra Singh Tomar, Purushottam Rupala and VK Singh were also present on the occasion of the launch of the country’s first CNG tractor.
Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India have teamed up to convert diesel-powered tractors into CNG-powered tractors. Through this tractor, farmers will come at a lower cost, which will increase their income. Apart from this, employment opportunities will also be ready in rural areas. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways claims that this will save farmers Rs 1 lakh annually on fuel, which will improve their livelihood.
Our department has set standards for CNG tractors. It has been certified. After this, any manufacturer of Hindustan can make a tractor using that standard and bring it to market, till now there was no standard: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari pic.twitter.com/JzgqcUNjym
– ANI_HindiNews (HAHindinews) February 12, 2021
Benefits of CNG Tractor
- CNG tractor is economical because its engine will run for a long time and there will be less need for maintenance in it.
- The use of CNG will reduce emissions by up to 70 percent compared to diesel.
- The savings on oil to the farmers will be more as the cost of CNG is currently about half that of diesel.
- It will also be cheaper because CNG prices will be almost constant as compared to the rising diesel.
- Due to running from CNG, its mileage will also be high.
- Due to the tight sealing of CNG tanks, it is safer and is less likely to burst during refuelling.