The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq will hit the Indian market as a fully developed unit (CBU). The SUV is likely to share its powertrain with the Tiguan Allspace,
Bs6 Skoda Kodiaq
The long-awaited BS6 Skoda Kodiaq will go on sale in India this year. It is expected to launch around the festive season. Sources close to the company have informed carandbike that the updated Kodiaq will be powered by a BS6 compliant TSI petrol engine. It will be launched in the fourth quarter (Q4) of the 2021 calendar year i.e. around October or November 2021.
The Kodiaq will be a facelifted variant of the upcoming SUV in India, which was first showcased globally in April 2021. The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq will hit the Indian market as a fully developed unit (CBU). The SUV is likely to share its powertrain with the Tiguan Allspace, which comes with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder TSI engine that also powers the Superb and Octavia sedans in Skoda India’s line-up.
What will be special in Skoda Kodiaq
- The Kodiaq’s engine is tuned to generate 187 Bhp and 320 Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission as standard.
- The Kodiaq facelift comes with an updated face, which includes a new multi-slat butterfly grille with chrome detailing, a pair of sleek LED headlamps and a new LED DRLs.
- The Kodiaq also gets new fog lamps and a new bumper that comes with a larger end-to-end mesh grille. Globally, the SUV comes with a detailed range of alloy wheels between 17 – 20 inches, but India is likely to get only one top-spec variant, which will have 20-inch wheels.
- The rear section has also been updated with a new roof-mounted spoiler, sculpted tailgate, new sharp-looking wraparound LED taillamps and a muscular rear bumper.
- The cabin of the Kodiaq facelift has also been updated. While the overall layout and design looks similar, the SUV gets new elements like the two-spoke, leather-wrapped steering which we have already seen on the Superb, Octavia and the new Kushak.
- The SUV also gets an updated 9.2-inch infotainment system and a 10.25-inch instrument cluster with new massage seats that will be optional. Skoda also offers the option for Eeco seats.
- The Kodiaq gets an updated Canton sound system with ten speakers along with a trunk-mounted subwoofer.
read this also- Yamaha going to launch electric motorcycle in India, know what is the planning
Also read- This is India’s number 1 electric scooter, these top 5 features have made customers crazy